Thursday, December 25, 2008

More Pictures!

Puerto Bolívar sunset, Machala

Cascadas de Manuel. Day trip with some students.

Thanksgiving with Level 4. This is the full group shot with my largest class.

The purpose of this picture is to show you a clear picture of the interior of my classroom, not to show you the energy and excitement that I bring into the classroom. I call it bare bones and that´s no exagerration. The walls are in desperate need of a paint job. The desks are incredibly old and made of heavy metal that makes the most awful sound when dragging them across the concrete floor. The tops of the desks are covered in notes from past attempts at cheating throughout the years. The ¨window¨up to the right is an open vent out to the courtyard. Since I teach at the University´s Liberal Arts Institute, I share a small courtyard of classrooms with the music classes and the dance classes. Right outside the vents in the picture is where the music class loves to practice their dance routine at which point I have no option but to have my students work individually because my voice cannot be heard above the rhythms of traditional Ecuadorian folklore music. I then stand at the door and stare at the dance class and instructor until he gives me the signal that means he´s sorry and that they´re almost done. It´s all in a days work!

No comments: