Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Picture Highlights!

Bryce and I found a bunch of bananas in this restaurant in Quito. It was suggested we take a picture together as the Banana King and Queen since we were soon to be moving to Machala, ¨Banana Capital of the World¨, together.

Thanksgiving with my level 5 class. This is the most easygoing and calm class I teach...only 12 students.


From the trip to the Amazon. Our guide made us crowns to wear during the hike, then handed me his machete to hold while he was busy trying to get a fruit from a tree for us to taste.


All the girls of the group during orientation in Quito. We outnumber the guys...by a lot!


Chelsea, my roomate for the first month in Quito, and I hiking in a park called Papallacta. I miss her a lot. Machala is a good 11 hour bus ride from Quito making it nearly impossible for us to visit each other.

1 comment:

Celeste said...

Katalina de la mancha....me alegre muchisimo que pusite fotos en tu blog. Te ves preciosa! Que chistoso, tu tuviste un "thanksgiving" del estil ecuadoreño y yo de español....yo fui a Valladolid el finde despues de thanksgiving y ella cocinó una comida de la día de gracias pero del estilo español. Ay, cuanto quiero que regresas a España conmigo para ver Julio y Edita! un dia lo harémos, vale? Cuanto me encanta la palabra "vale" y también "joder"....hehe...Pues te echo de menos hermana y espero que todo esta bien. Te mando un email pronto....te lo juro. Besitos!